Monday, October 26, 2009

Mother of the Year

Saturday was L's second soccer game. She was pretty excited for it. Before the game we discussed how we have to follow through and not stop when we get close to the goal. During the first half I thought it was going to be a repeat of last week. She kicked it towards the goal but rather than following through (as we discussed all morning) and actually scoring the goal herself she let the defender get it and he (accidentally) kicked it in the goal. So she got an assist and credit for the actual goal. After the game she comes running over and says Mom "I scored a goal!" I looked at her and said "The one from the first half that went off the other team's player?" "No mom I scored another one and you weren't even paying attention!" I hate to admit it but she is right. I was chatting away with a couple of the other moms and watching S and completely missed her goal. To top it off neither D or I remembered to bring the camera so I have no photographic evidence. I guess I just lost my shot at the Mother of the Year award (again)!

No comments:

Post a Comment